JACKSON HOLE, WYO – Climb Wyoming has just graduated a new class of single moms ready for the workforce. They are nine committed local women who have taken advantage of Climb’s Professional Office Careers training, and are ready for new employment in any type of office environment.
Climb’s programs are geared for low-income single mothers to help them discover self-sufficiency through career training and placement. The office training program encompasses intensive preparation specifically tailored to meet the demands of administrative positions. The grads come equipped and ready.
“One thing our employer partners appreciate, especially in this challenging environment of finding and retaining employees, is when you hire a Climb graduate you not only get someone who is well-trained but you get someone who is really ready to work hard,” said Teton Area Program Director Lauren Conrad. “This is an intensive training program. You have to really want it to make it through to completion.”
Climb support also comes alongside employers and employees for the initial phase of the hire, offering guidance and assistance as both parties transition into the new relationship.
The training is done by instructors from Central Wyoming College. It covers a lot of ground including:
- Customer Service
- Office communication
- Computer training, including Microsoft Office programs and basic QuickBooks
- General career and workplace readiness (soft skills such as responding to conflict and understanding workplace boundaries)
- First Aid and CPR certification
“We really research the community’s job needs and build skills training around that,” Conrad said. “This time around we did professional office skills training. There are so many small businesses here, locally, that need a really skilled and dependable office administrator type person.”
Climb also recently provided a Medical Office Careers training program, something that Emerg-A-Care, Jackson Whole Family Health, and St. John’s Medical Center have appreciated.
“Healthcare is a complex business, and our Climb employee already grasped the concepts and had a great foundation for the healthcare work environment because of her Climb training,” said Bryan Lords, patient financial services manager, patient access for SJMC. “It’s challenging to find these professional candidates, so I appreciate Climb’s role in making that connection for us in the community.”
Climb Wyoming has offices in Casper, Cheyenne, Laramie, Gillette, Sweetwater, and Jackson. The Jackson office serves the “Teton Area” including Teton, Sublette, and Lincoln counties.
- Climb has placed grads into new careers with:
- St. John’s Medical Center
- Women’s Health Center and Family Care
- Teton Professionals/Farm Bureau Insurance
- St John’s Living Center
- Jackson Whole Family Health
- Teton County School District #1
- Aspen Physical Therapy (Thayne)
- LR Computer Services (Pinedale)
- Lucky’s Market
- Premier Green Cleaning Services
- Wind River Dental (Pinedale)
- The Senior Center of Jackson Hole
- Syringa Property Management
- UPS Store
Want to get one of these talented graduates on the payroll? Contact Lauren Conrad via email, or phone her at (307) 733-4088.